We’ve all been in at least one, two, three ok let’s just say ‘some’ of these situations before, don’t try and deny it!
Admittedly, 6 got us thinking, social photos definitely bring us to making most of our dining options, so taking the perfect snap of the dish we otherwise wouldn’t be eating logically just makes sense!
1) Tried to quickly take a selfie without being seen in a public place. And suffered the embarrassment of being caught in the midst of said selfie—what? There’s no shame in trying to show off your outfit of the day!
2) Spent ‘way too long’ trying to select the perfect filter. Valencia or Rise? To VSCO Cam or not to VSCO Cam? These are the questions that keep you up at night.
3) Lost track of time while styling all of your little trinkets into the perfect editorial-esque ‘flatlay’ spread. You swear, those fresh flowers, perfume bottle and pretty items were all just laying there perfectly styled together—practically begging for a photo op.
4) Consulted those around you for caption ideas. “What should I caption this pic?!” because everyone knows it’s all about a good caption.
6) Purposely ordered the item on the menu that would be the most Instagram-worthy. Sure, the kale salad fits better into your diet but pancakes with chocolate drizzle?! You’d be crazy to pass up that Instagram opportunity.
7) Taken 50 selfies in a row only to delete them all. If deleting bad selfie outtakes burned calories you’d be cast in next season’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show for sure.
8) Struggled to show off all your new accessories in one picture. You’ve practically become a yoga connoisseur while cramping into the most awkward positions and angles just to capture the perfect shoe shot.
9) Made plans solely based on their Instagram value. Do you really want to deal with crowds of tourists at the Top of Rockefeller Center? No, but you’re willing to put in the sacrifice for the ultimate NYC skyline photo.
10) Stopped in the middle of the street to get the perfect picture. Nevermind traffic, sometimes you just need the full background scene to really capture the moment. (totally inspired by MrFlawless and his street stopping Insta antics!)
11) Tried to make a bad party or event look like the time of your life. You did NOT suffer through this boring party to go home without one good Instagram. Someone pass you a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and a balloon and you’ll work your magic.
12) Asked someone to take a picture of you that you pretended was a “candid” shot. “Just casually strolling…not planned at all…”
13) Utilized a million different photo editing apps. Sure technically it’s #nofilter but that’s only because it’s already been through 15 other editing apps first…
14) Deleted a photo when it didn’t get as many likes as you hoped. After all you went through to get that pic? Ugh, you’ll delete and post it again with a different filter at a peak liking time…
15) Used a pet picture as your sure way of getting more likes. Because when all else fails, everyone loves a dog in a sweater.
List courtesy Harpers Bazaar